|Photo Gallery |
Petersburg is located on the northern tip of Mitkof Island, which is separated from Kupreanof Island by the 25 mile long Wrangell Narrows. Rocky Point Resort is located midway down the Narrows, thus providing boaters with many miles of protected salt water in which to fish and explore. So you have all of the advantages of salt water fishing without the rough waters of the open ocean. We are also located about a mile from the mouth of Blind River which has a state run fish hatchery and so the kings and coho return to spawn right in our "front yard".
We are proud to say we are a family owned and operated business and now have the fourth generation of herring jiggers and cookie bakers running around. It makes us care a lot about you and the success of your trip.
Rocky Point Resort is your source for all your Petersburg Alaska salt water fishing needs. Offering great Coho, King Salmon fishing and more. Your Petersburg Alaska salt water fishing resort.
- Rocky Point is the only lodge on the Wrangell Narrows that:
- Is locally owned and operated
- Has all boats, inculding skiffs, inspected by the Coast Guard
- Has Coast Guard liscenced skippers on sight
- Is handicapped accesible
- All boats have GPS/DEPTH sounders, anchors, nets, gafs, knives, harpoons for halibut and cutting boards
- Unlimited water for showers,boat cleaning, etc.
- Fresh bath towels daily
- 2 walk-in blast freezer at -20 for your filleted wrapped fish
- 40 years in operation
- Over 85 yrs. combined experience fishing these waters
- All bait for salmon and halibut is provided at the lodge
- Washer and dryers for clients if need be
- No limit on gas, bait or fishing gear
- Good quality rain gear and rubber boots provided
- WiFi to all cabins and cell service
Limited Openings Available for 2023
*we are on a first come first serve basis
- Phone Rocky Point Lodge (May 31 - Sept 7) (907) 772-4405
- Phone Mike 907-518-0594 or Walt 907-518-0605
- Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
2023 GUIDED HALIBUT TRIP SIZES
- One fish per angler under 40" or over 80"
- Halibut Tags are available for $300 to keep any size second fish
- Self guided trips are still 2 fish per day any size.